Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Week Ending 11/18

Tuesday - 4 on IF in the evening. I was still a little sick from a McGriddle in the Chicago Airport. Only eating 2 hot pockets and a McGriddle (obviously) for the last two days probably didn't lend to the overall good feeling either. IT didn't bother me, but I did notice it, which isn't a good sign only running 4 miles. I've countered with a leg strengthening program that includes wall sits while in the shower and weird exercises while watching TV. Great program. I'm not even a doctor, more like a scientist.

Wednesday - 5 run around with Nark. Topped if off with an epic stride/race. Imagine going down to your local track and running 100 meters in 15 seconds. That's what we did.

Thursday - 6 run with Nark around the neighborhood. Checked out bars and restaurants for the night. Pretty psyched about the upcoming hold steady show. Nark runs faster than I usually do. This is a bad sign

Saturday - 6 or 9 or 13 warmed up then did 20 diagonals a soccer field at IF. Pretty tough, but felt good to be doing it. IT not too much trouble. I lifted with a free 7 day gym membership. I ran to the gym and back, which doesn't really count as mileage. Also the 4 mile run home from downtown. Stopped a few times but generally ran absolutely as fast as I could. Not sure how nark kept up in sandals. Not a good sign.

Sunday - 4 Ran down to get the car. Very sore from yesterday. Should not have run home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

does your shower exercise routine involved picking up a soap bar?

Brian said...

oh yeah!!!!!

Pat said...

When's the next race? The Austin Marathon is not an acceptable answer.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't let Nark sell you any Reebok stuff.