Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Week of Nov 25th

Monday - 4 around IF. Very sore, especially the hamstrings. Ordered a new pair of reeboks. My shoes are so old that my feet start to hurt if I run anywhere but the soft grass at IF. IT band didn't really bother me, but not really testing it out with 4 slow miles. Thinking about banditing a turkey trot.

Tuesday - 5 around IF. Met a guy named Adam who used to run for Swarthmore. He hammered by me and then I sped up to run a couple laps with him. Seemed like a nice guy. Hamstrings still pretty sore and grabbing up a little. Not a bad time to be focusing more on getting healthy rather than mileage as everyone is away for the weekend.

Wednesday - 7 on the greenbelt. Skipped out of work early and hit a great run. If I can get my IT healthy enough that I don't have to ice it, I could see myself cheerfully running 10 miles here every day. Excited about thanksgiving!

Thursday - 4 in between bastings.

Saturday - 10.5? 75 minutes on the greenbelt. I had to make a few stops since I had the spicy chili at Texas Chili Parlor yesterday. The greenbelt was almost deserted, every time I took a dump I'd pop up behind the same guy and scare the crap out of him. By the third time I stopped feeling bad. Great run.

Sunday - 11 77 minutes on the greenbelt starting from the 360 jump off point. Ran out of trails at about 33 minutes. If the water was a little lower I could have crossed. Not too tired from yesterday and the knee feels pretty good. L hip flexor a little sore from 2 "big" runs in a row and the slippery muddy ground. Great to be out.

Week - 41 good last few days and the knee is starting to feel a little better. I bought a punch hard for the Hyde Park Gym. If I can get one good lift a week I think it will really help me stay healthy.

No comments: