Sunday, December 16, 2007

Week ending 12/23

Goal: 75 in 9 runs with Welsh's workout-2 miles at 5:20 pace then 6x400 at 70-72 with a minute rest (Nark you in?). I'd like to use the two doubles to basically warm up then do strides and drills. I'm jumping milage since everyone else is gone I'll need a little extra kick in the pants. If I get tired or something acts up I'll scale back, but I'd like to really get out the door this week.

Monday - 10 scratched the workout for three shitty reasons: 1. I didn't get home till 8 pm 2. I couldn't find my watch or the one Nark gave me, 3. I ate almost an entire ginger bread house before heading out to run. I'm a little concerned with all the hard surfaces I'm running on late at night. But other than a little achilies tightness, I felt good, if sleepy tired. Wanted to double tomorrow, but I've got to work early.

Tuesday - 8 - did Welsh's crash fitness workout on the Austin High track. Dodged a lot of yuppies. Didn't feel great, I think from having a really hard week at work and eating too much Chick-fil-a. I ran 10:07 (81 sec first lap) then took probably about a 3 minute rest (too long because I had to take another dump-this one in a baseball dugout). Then 6X400 in 66,68,66,67,69,67 with a minute rest. Never really felt great, but maybe because it was just a pretty hard workout from the gun. But I guess I was doing 2X Mile a few weeks ago.

Wednesday - 9 - Erine's loop with him after work. Didn't feel great, but hopefully the relaxed run will help me recover. Haven't been able to make it up for any doubles.

Sat - 5 shoddy job rabbiting Owen in a BU meet. Went through less than a mile at 4:30. It felt very fast. I've still got some work to do.

Week- not running at Katy's. A break won't kill me, but I'm being pretty lazy.

4 comments:

Owen said...

all of your links have good names... then there's mine: Owen's running. am i that lame?

Unknown said...

no you're not that lame. be thankful that you don't have sanbagging attached to your blog. i'm thinking about changing brian's link to something like "dugout dumping" or "i'm shitting in places, you know"

Unknown said...

either (a) update your blog or (b) start running so you can (a) update your blog

Brian said...

What about "Scalping me for local roadrace $$" That would work...if I got in better shape so middle aged women couldn't take the prize money before me too.