Monday, December 3, 2007

Week o 12/9

Monday - 6 around IF after work. IT/knee dicey and right achilles pretty sore. I think the achilles is sore from doing calf raises though. Other than those things, my legs felt surprisingly good. I was going to lift after the Pats ran away with the game, but it looks like I'm staying in.

Tue - 9 team terrible workout challenge. Goal 3X1k under 3 minutes with 3 minutes rest. Actual 2:56, 258, 2:57. Felt a lot more anaerobic than the last workout challenge, but mostly in control. 70-73 second pace didn't feel that crazy. Much appreciated timing help from Owen. I just hate worrying about that shit. Again, really fun workout. I got the jitters and everything.

Meanwhile, Mark bent over in the wrong place again. He was counting on shots figuring into the "# of beers conversion." Screwed. Tom's results pending.

Wed - 9 morning run with Owen and Erik since Katy is coming in tonight and because I'd like to start doing morning runs. My legs felt pretty tired from the workout, but the good tired that you're supposed to feel. At this point I'm tempted to try for 65-70 miles instead of holding steady at 60. I'll probably just take Craig Finn's advice though.

Thurs 4 - am run with Owen and Erik. In the hurt tank for this one from the night before. Also, my legs are pretty sore and tired. With the good training I've been doing the last week and a half, I'm surprised that it took this long to catch up to me. I had planned an easy day today anyway.

Also, as a result of working out "too well." I'm "penalized" by a day where I can eat nothing but donuts (which I like to call Tuesday). Tom completed the workout in 258, 259.8, 259.9 and claims his auto timing system got every split exactly on, legit.

Friday - 6 with Owen around campus. Seems like a good loop. I wanted to run further, but I had to work late and we a pong date. Felt good though, which I should after the easy day yesterday.

Sat - 12 Shoal creek to Mopac with Dave. Pretty hot out, pretty hungover and Dave was having a rough go of it. We ran slowly, but I still felt like I had to grind it out

Sun - 14 hot long run with Owen and Joe. A little tired from yesterday. It was one of those runs where you pick it up because you don't feel great. Still, a big jump from my last few long runs. I'm going to need an easy day or two.

Week - 60 with a hard weekend and a good workout. Even though I took a few really easy days, I'm glad that I'm getting in the habit of running every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer hours of sleep minus # of beers. As long as it's positive, there is no conversion.

Jilane said...

I'd like to see a copy of these elaborate workout challenge rules.