Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Week of 12/16

Monday - No running didn't feel great. I'd still like to hit 60 this week.

Tuesday - 9 with Owen. Felt better as the run when on.

Wednesday - 11 by myself. Intentionally got lost. It was the type of run where you charge up the hills saying to yourself "well, hanley is back." Then when you hear sirens, you pick it up because the cops are coming for you, those poor motherfuckers. The knee bothered me on the hills, but the everything else felt good. I think I'll stay flat for the next week or so.

Thursday - 11 team terrible workout. Goal 20 minutes at 5:25 pace then 2 400s under 70. Great night out and Owen showed up for some moral support and a little pacing. After running the first mile in 5:35 I cut it down to 5:10 then settled in around 5:15 pace. I had to do it on the track since it was dark. Not the easy way to do it, but I wasn't wrecked. Ran a lap easy then did 2X400 in 66,65. Really rigged up on the last one, but had a good time going for it. Longer than my previous workouts. Felt a little tired from the harder run yesterday and a real run the day before that. Finished with some barefoot running. My left calf really sore from the time on the track and the faster 400s.

Friday - 6 - wussy run by myself at night. Pretty tired and beat up from the workout yesterday. Everything from the knees down felt pretty tapped out. Went nice and easy.

Saturday - 15 long run with Owen,Dave and a little bit of Rob. Nice and slow 1:50 mostly on the greenbelt. Great to have Dave for a run and feeling ok. Didn't feel too hard which, 7 minute pace notwithstanding, is pretty encouraging. I wasn't too beat up afterwards.

Sun - 8 by myself at night. A few sore points in the lower legs, but overall, not really feeling the effects of yesterday's long run. Focused on keeping it easy.

week -60 miles again though in fewer runs and feeling better.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Looks like you're starting to get some consistency in workouts and in mileage. Keep up the good work!