Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fat Camp

5 miles with Owen and Jimbo. Felt bad for calling Jimbo out for the yuppie love fest that is Austin running. He organized a 5k I won on July 4th. He claimed that they didn't make any money despite the fact that 550 people ran, it was $25 bucks each, and there were no porta-potties. He claims that after all the comps, costs are pretty high. I just feel like Austin (or at least Run-Tex race organizers) would rather comp 50 18:30 tri-athetes (and not me) than offer up a few bucks for quasi elites. I really don't think it's a coincidence that Western Mass has a few teams at club XC nationals and Austin (supposedly a running hotbed) has none. This is the reason I haven't been running road races in Austin, not the reason I'm in shitty shape.

Did strides and a few exercises after the run. When it's pretty hot out substituting supplemental things for a few miles is pretty easy.

No comments: