Saturday, September 1, 2007

Fila Relays

8 or 9 miles. My friend Raul called me to sub for him on his relay team. The Race is 4X2.5 miles on the roads around Zilker Park. I didn't know my team until right before the race. I wore the black hat; it was like a blind date. The team was me, Justin, Meg and Dee. They were all really nice. I think Meg was my favorite, she is an ex-cheerleader who now recruits software engineers. I'm pretty sure those nerds don't know what hit them. She got so excited during Dee's leg that she busted a cheerleader move. I led off, getting dragged out a little too fast by a Ugandan who died about a mile in. Afterwards he proudly told me that he "wanted to make the race hot." Through the half in 2:20 then no splits till the finish where paul got me at 12:23. I kind of ran like a bitch, I got 4th, but I didn't lose to any triathletes. Not bad considering I only got about 4 hours of sleep. I forgot my flats and I had to come right from work so I ran in dress socks; I too made the race hot. I think our team was 3rd in the coed devision and 1st in the "not wearing a douchebag uniform and visor" division.

Better than I expected. I think with some flats, a few workouts and sleeping a few hours I can keep the pace up for a 5k and put my hand on 15:00's ass if not take it home.

No comments: