Thursday, September 13, 2007

Song of the week

I'm jumping gun a little bit here, but I'm headed back to the northeast this weekend and may be incommunicado. It was hard to resist "shipping off to boston" or "the ice of boston" or "for boston." But, I've been listening to this song a lot lately. It reminds me a lot of Andre 3000's great "love in war." As a whole I think this album is undermined by Kanye trying to outdo himself. I think art is a little like faith, if you start thinking too hard it just slips between the cracks. This song epitomizes that theme; "what will I do now that I'm happy/famous/ with nothing to prove" Usually when a rapper discusses their fame it's their last good album and a last ditch effort to shake off the bed bath and beyond boredom. I hope this isn't the case with Kanye. http://www.box.net/shared/bii69qkyez

No comments: