Wednesday, September 26, 2007

No I will not go out with you

6. After work and pretty tired, so when I ran into another guy running quickly I overlooked his heart rate monitor and asked where he was going. He was a nice guy who just started a job as vice principal at an elementary school. I ran his 4 mile loop with him which he hammered. I've been feeling really slow and I figured I was just tired and a bit sick. After running with this guy I'm worried that if some yahoo trying to break 3 hours for the marathon is the one pushing the pace he's either hammering or I'm in even worse shape than I thought. He ended up peeling off after a few miles, I think because he was hammering and wanted to cool it, but not in front of me. All in all, it felt more like asking a girl out in junior high than I would have expected. I should have known when I saw the heart rate monitor. A shame, it would have been nice to have someone who was willing to run when I got home from work.

1 comment:

Owen said...

Sorry baby, I wish I could be there for you.