Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Week Ending 11/2

Week (47) Did about all I could on the IT band. I'm going to try to get a free 7 day gym membership and strengthen everything up. It seems like a good chance that my bad hamstring is causing IT band problems.

Monday- day off, knee really sore

Tuesday-7 on IF testing the knee out. Felt better than I expected. Since speed doesn't make the knee worse, I did a few 400 pick-ups until I realized that the balls totally wore through my shorts. Basically if I dropped below 6 minute pace, I'd fall out. I met a guy named Edward who was telling me about his nephew the triathlete who had a great career until "one of his balls got tangled." The speed limit imposed by my shorts and the specter of the triathlete limited me to 4 400s. I'd estimate I was running them in about 80 seconds, not a workout, but good to stretch the legs.

Wednesday-got dragged out to booze with work people

Thurs-10 ran with Dave around Shoal Creek, then as it started to get dark we moved into neighborhoods and onto the Texas Track. Really tired from the last two nights, but felt better than I expected.

Friday- 9 ran neutral colors before going to the Isbell show. Didn't feel great since I was so full that if I got stabbed candy would have come out. Probably not a good idea to do my run on the east side in this condition. IT pretty tight by the end. Did some barefoot running too.

Sat- (14) 10 in the morning with Dave and Owen. I'm getting to the point where I can basically set a watch by my IT band. Right around 9 miles it gets pretty sore. Other than that Felt pretty good on the easy run down Shoal Creek.
-4 around IF before the playing pong. I thought a double might be a good way to counteract the fact that my IT band starts killing me at 9 miles. IT felt worse than it did on the morning run.

Sun-7 hungover run on some of the fields with Dave. IT band hurting from the extra running yesterday so I cut it a bit short.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

let the balls run free!