Sunday, October 7, 2007

Don't call it a long run

12 with Dave and Steve. Ran from Steve's house to the greenbelt. It got dark just as we got into the "enchanted forest" part of the run. Good run, but my entire upper body is still sore from friday night. My ribs are pretty banged up. I think I pushed the pace a little, but it wasn't because I felt good, but because my shit hurt.

At this point it's not worth totaling up the week. I decided that come hell or high water I'm going to run 60 miles next week. If I have to do it at 8 minute pace, drunk, pregnant and at midnight I will.

Dave, Steve and I were talking about our problems with the Austin racing scene. We came up with a good solution. Unofficial $10 entry winner take all races. We'd do a series of 4 races an 800, mile, 5k and 10k. Even if you didn't win, it's cheaper than a regular road race and the competition will be better. If you're in it for the coupons and the T-Shirt you're not really racing anyway. I'm also mulling over a "no watches rule." $10 cash only winner take all. It would be everything I like about running and none of the tri-athlete Batman Equipment Belt bullshit

No comments: